Lulu's Blog

Just another Golden Bear

My Experience at King Tsin Restaurant

on February 27, 2013

This was the first “authentic” Chinese restaurant I’ve ever been to. I like Chinese food, but I usually bought it from fast food Chinese places, including Panda Express.

When I first walked in, I was surprised by how modern and untraditional it looked. I was expecting red and gold décor everywhere! So, I was a bit bummed that it wasn’t like the Chinese restaurants you see in Hollywood movies, but it was still a great atmosphere. It was a pleasure getting to meet the very hospitable owner, Albert. I found his family story amazing.

When I looked at the menu, I was unfamiliar with so much. I found myself scavenging for fried rice and chow mein on the menu! I thought the Chinese translation and his family background, was a nice touch to the menu. It made the food seem like legitimate, original Chinese food.

The “green pancakes” were super delicious. I definitely want to come here again and again! Hopefully when my parents come to visit me here at Berkeley, I will get the chance to take them to this amazing restaurant. 🙂